Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Newbie Questions. o_o

  1. #1
    Inactive Member as86no60's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello, I'm new to Super 8, and don't quite know too much. What I do know I've learned from reading numerous posts on the boards here. Well, it all comes down to one question that I have left. The camera that I have I picked up at my grandma's garage sale. It's a Kodak Instamatic M24. Unfortunatley, I know absolutely nothing about the camera. Does anybody have any idea what I can expect out of this thing? Any advice would be appreciated. Just no newb bashing, please. x_x

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any super-8 camera can take you places that will surprise you. There is a hum of excitement that surrounds cameras like the Beaulieus and the top end Canons, but as long as it works your Kodak can get you shooting real motion pictures. That is something that 9,999 in 10,000 never even try!

    A long time ago I had a very early Kodak Instamatic. I bought it used for five bucks the Summer I met my wife. The thing was downright primitive, but oddly enough it took in beautiful images when it was used properly, and we still enjoy seeing that summer as that camera preserved it.

    My point is for you this camera can be a learning tool for you to explore what film can do. The fact that it is relatively simple is a strength for you since it frees you from a lot of complications that would only stand in your way at this point.

    I left filmmaking for about 10 years, and when I came back the first couple of cartridges came back pretty shabby looking. The same thing may happen to you, and it's OK. It's an art and there is some learning involved.

    Film On!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •